Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm a million different people from one day to the next...

So, we're back in the UAE - and my luggage was waiting for me on the pier! Yay!

Other than that, there's almost nothing going on. Tomorrow's All Hallow's... and All Saint's after that, the long awaited beginning to NaNoWriMo 2006. The weather here is still entirely too warm, with a sun entirely too bright, but I think I'm adjusting to it, slowly but surely... today didn't seem as hot as yesterday, but the thermometer says otherwise - and how!

It's come to my attention that I'm a two-finger typist - I use my thumb to hit the space bar, and my right ring finger to hit the backspace key, but other than that pretty much everything is done with the index fingers on my right and left hands - my left, especially, never uses anything else. Odd, especially considering that I have a rather decent typing speed (with far too many mistakes, I admit) - no doubt a skill picked up from far too many years spent in chat rooms or are on instant messengers.

And I use my right pinky to hit the enter key. Wierd.

I found this shiny thing on the NaNo forums; a badge to mark one's NaNoveling progress in message board .sigs and on blogs. Since I have a blog... what the hell.



Is it not beautiful?

Although I'm eight hours ahead of the East Coast, I've left my default time setting to there - keeps me on par with my friends/rivals back in the area. Besides, I'm on a ship - we move around a lot. I'd hate to have to keep adjusting my time zone as we move west.

Whenever the hell we start moving west again. We're out of here on the 1st, but we'll be back a few more times before we head for home.

Sigh. I miss home.

No comments: